Lennox PI40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Happy holidays all,

Just thought I would share with you my experience with my stove, which is a Lennox PI40 also known as Ironstrike brand. Now I know very few people I have seen on this site have this stove. I have also seen people bash this stove because it is not a Harman. I was skeptical, even regretted purchasing this stove when I came to this site as I felt I made the wrong choice. I didn' research as I should have and saw everyone else boasting about different brands. Here is my thoughts on my stove after four seasons and about 13 tons. For me it has performed amazing. Only one auger jam with all different types of pellets, no shut downs, and all components, including igniter, are all original from purchase date. It keeps the wife and I warn and we are heating around 1000 sq ft. The only drawback people note is the feed rate and blower are on one knob and adjust together. this is not an issue for me as it has five levels and I barely run it past level three and have never had to run it on level 5. When I left the house this morning with it being 20 degrees out my house was at 71 and toasty on level 2. I am burnng 100 percent softwood Corinth which are ok and i have la crete next which are hotter. All I do to this stove is clean it once week for about 15 minutes, that includes vacumming inside, and running a brush between heat exhange tubes. Probably can go two weeks but i dont mind doing it. I also clean out flue ports about once every ton. I have it serviced by the store that sold it to me once a year in the spring. That is it. minimal work to keep this going. Extremely happy with this purchase. I dont have a tstat and dont need one. i run it 24/7 in the heart of the winter with no issues.

Reactions: Stovensen
Hi JRA im glad yor happy with your stove! Im not much of a “brand” specific kind of guy. I have 5 and all of them are different brands and they all have their quirks. I believe if you take the time to read the manuals, keep it clean and learn Your stove you will get years of comfort and warmth. Stay warm my friend.

Hello glad you have had good luck with yours as well. I have a PS40. For 8 years. I have replace the proof of fire switch and ignitor. Other than that I have had no problems with mine. It is on a stat which works great. I heat about 1700 sq ft. And we stay very comfortable. Also should say it eats anything I throw at it.