Lennox Winslow PI40 Auger shutting off.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Robert,

A couple of questions that I need to ask. Also, you can laugh because I really do not know. I am learning about pellet stoves the hard way. So, apparently the two wires that were connected to that terminal where I installed the jumper is running to a thermostat? I have never traced the wires, but they run back behind the pellet stove in the insert. Is it possible to replace/fix the thermostat control on the control board without purchasing a new one? I do agree that I could just leave the jumper because I basically only run the pellet stove when I am there at the house.

Thank you so much for your help.

No problem.... IF you wanted to install a thermostat that is were you would attach the wires (the 2 screws) since you do not have a thermostat hooked up (I never have) you need to leave the jumper wire in place. I think you are good to go as is!

Robert,

I wanted to touch base with you about my pellet stove over the last couple of weeks. Everything is still working without any issue of the auger stopping. However, as I have been thinking, there are a few questions that I would like to ask. I want to remove the pellet stove and trace the two wires that were plugged into the control board where I installed the jumper. I assume it will lead to a thermostat? However, I only have one thermostat in the house. That is the thermostat to my propane furnace. So I am not sure where those wires will lead. I do have a remote control for the stove. If they are wires going to a thermostat, and I have jumped them, then why does my pellet stove run the same way now as it did the first two years when I moved in the house. My pellet stove has always ran continuous. It never cuts off and cuts back on, it is always feeding pellets at a rate that I have the dial set on. I have talked to people that I work with that have a pellet stove setup on a thermostat, it will cut on when it needs to heat, then cuts off once temperature setting is met. I guess I am still puzzled how the jumper made the fix when my stove is running no different than it ever has.

Thanks,

Terry