Leyden pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra95

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2008
Freedom, NH
New to site. Just installed leyden pellet last week and stove doesn't always relight on auto mode. Stove has gone to Maintience mode 3 times when in auto mode. Checked all problems listed in manual but no resolution. Stove will run fine for a while then shut down after reaching tempature. Goes to restart and does not ignite pellets and fills up burn pot. Talked to dealer and was no help keeps saying adjust air restrictor. Anyone had same problem or am I just the lucky one with this problem?

I have a Leyden, only have run it in manual to date so I can't comment on auto mode. I initially had issues going into "Maintenance" because I had jams due to the fuel gate. If you have not already removed it, you should do so now. It may resolve your problem. There are many threeads about this fule gate issue. They were added to all Lopi and Avalon (Travis Industry) stoves in 2008.

Since removing the gate the stove has worked flawlessly.

Good luck

Marc

The fuel gate was already removed when I purchased it. Dealer informed me of this problem and told me to remove it if it was installed. Thanks for the suggetion anyway. Its a frustrating problem when you don't know if its equipment or lack of expierience of running a pellet stove. Maintience lights are to general for problems on this stove. Manual suggestion is that stove (Heater did not start up Corecctly--Solution re-start the heater and verify the pellets ignite after 10 Minutes) Stove will relight and have same problem hours later.

Have you played with the air restrictor? You may have too much causing pellets to come out too fast and smother the fire. Other than that I've got nothing that can help, maybe some of the pros will chime in. Good luck...

Does it do this in manual mode?

I'd bypass that tstat and go manual to see if everything is ok. I run mine manual and it runs fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.