LF Info On Chimney Liners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolai

Nov 16, 2007
Western Ontario
Hi, I just bought the Drolet Eco-35 pellet stove to replace my old woodstove. I have an existing stainless steel insualted chimney with a 6" flue that I want to convert to a 4" flue. Does anyone have any advice on which type to buy, how hard it is to install etc.? Any help would be great, thanks.

Just get any SS 4" chimney liner and you will be fine. You can just drop it down the 6" liner and wont have to do much else. Often times you can get kits with the top plate and cap as well.

Nickolai said:
Thanks for the info, I'm looking into it and have heard from chimney pro's that it's an easy job.
Like Nickolai said just install the 4 inch inside of the 6 inch and when you install it just turn it clockwise the way of the corrugations and she should slide down easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.