Liberty vs. Endeavor air intake control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
I was just reading the .pdf of the owner's manual on each, and it appears that on the Liberty, you push the air intake IN (towards the stove) to open it, but on the Endeavor you pull it OUT (away from the stove) to open it. Is that a misprint, or are they really opposite?

Dunno about the Endeavor, but on the Liberty that's exactly right...all the way in is wide open, all the way out is as closed as it gets. Talking about the primary air control beneath the loading door on the front of the stove...not to be confused with the secondary bypass up on the right side of the stove which is pulled all the way out for start-up then closed all the way in after the fire's established. Rick

Right, we're on the same page there. I was just cruising through their literature and noticed they were opposite. Hope to have an Endeavor installed within the next 3 weeks if all goes well. If it were up to me, I'd have it done today! In any event, I'll find out for sure after the install. :)

Yes. They're opposite. My Endeavor pushes in to close. I wonder how that works? Good stove, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.