Lignetics $7.98 a bag!!! Ace hardware

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheetmetaldan

Jan 14, 2013
Acushnet, Ma
I just bought 2 bags of Lignetics for $7.98 a bag last week! :eek:!!!! Way overpriced if you ask me. I just wanted to give them a try since I never used them before. I think i`ll just load my stove up with Faberge Eggs and burn that instead and save a few bucks!
As far as the Lignetics go in my fussy stove they werent a bad pellet, not the best I tried but certainly far from the worst. I would use them again as long as the price was right. I don`t usually buy from Ace hardware for my pellets I just happened to be in there.

How was the fines, and pellet size. I burned some green label ligs, and there was so much fines, saw dust, and long pellets, I said I would never burn them again. Just yesterday someone else posted a complaint here about ligs. So just curious about the fines, and pellet length.

Yikes, $4.7 here. Pellet size is typically 1 inch or smaller with very few greater than this. I've already burnt over a ton of the green label this year. Want be going back to it next year due to ash and lots of dust in the bag.

How was the fines, and pellet size. I burned some green label ligs, and there was so much fines, saw dust, and long pellets, I said I would never burn them again. Just yesterday someone else posted a complaint here about ligs. So just curious about the fines, and pellet length.

I`m still new to pellet stoves and don`t have a lot to compare it to. But to me everything I have tried has a lot of ash.I`m still searching for the most consistent brand pellet I can find with less ash. Here is my list from best to worst of what I have tried so far.

1 Green Team Platinums - good heat, no clinkers, consistent pellet size burned 1/4 ton of these

2 Lignetics - good heat, some clinkers small in size, some oversized pellets 1 1/2" - 2" long. I only burned 2 bags of these so take my opinion for what it`s worth

3 Nations Choice good heat,no clinkers, more ash than the other brands I tried, some oversized pellets as well. decent pellet for the money. burned 3 bags

4 Bag of ICE! Lousy heat but absolutly no ash! and no clinkers! ==c

5 New England Wood Pellets good heat, Huge clinkers! I actually have to beat my pot with a chipping hammer to break loose all the buildup! One positive thing I will say about them is the pellet size is uniform. I burned a ton of these!

Burning Stove chow right now so I have no comments on them yet.

Everything I have tried seems to have a lot of ash and fines more than I like. I need to vac out my stove and clean the glass daily. I have a feeling my old stove just doesn`t like anything!

Ace Hardware are usually locally owned and operated... they tend to buy from the warehouse so that is probably why the price is high...unless they can get a trucker to drop them a load...they are going to be higher in price...I try to shop there as much as possible... and if I ask for something special they ask about the price and try to meet or beat what I've been quoted..

I`m still new to pellet stoves and don`t have a lot to compare it to. But to me everything I have tried has a lot of ash.I`m still searching for the most consistent brand pellet I can find with less ash. Here is my list from best to worst of what I have tried so far.

1 Green Team Platinums - good heat, no clinkers, consistent pellet size burned 1/4 ton of these

2 Lignetics - good heat, some clinkers small in size, some oversized pellets 1 1/2" - 2" long. I only burned 2 bags of these so take my opinion for what it`s worth

3 Nations Choice good heat,no clinkers, more ash than the other brands I tried, some oversized pellets as well. decent pellet for the money. burned 3 bags

4 Bag of ICE! Lousy heat but absolutly no ash! and no clinkers! ==c

5 New England Wood Pellets good heat, Huge clinkers! I actually have to beat my pot with a chipping hammer to break loose all the buildup! One positive thing I will say about them is the pellet size is uniform. I burned a ton of these!

Burning Stove chow right now so I have no comments on them yet.

Everything I have tried seems to have a lot of ash and fines more than I like. I need to vac out my stove and clean the glass daily. I have a feeling my old stove just doesn`t like anything!
greene teams and greene golds were my pellet of choice this winter. the chow is very good too.

The Ace up here has green label Ligs for $7.49 a bag. They're still at the store.

Whoops! Forgot to include that I have a Whitfield profile 20. I gotta add that in to my signature!
My old Whitfield 30 didn't care much for the Liggies:p

There about the same price at the local Jackson Lumber near me. I tried a bag early in the season nothing special for that price.

get some barefoot at accushnet alternative heat.what you have tried so far wont even come close to the barefoot.

get some barefoot at accushnet alternative heat.what you have tried so far wont even come close to the barefoot.

Does he have any more? My friend swears by them and I really want to give those a try. I have called there a few times but he is always out of them. The last big snowstorm knocked down a power line and messed up his delivery schedule. I drove by there this weekend and all I saw was pallets of NEWP`s I didn`t even get out of my truck. Acushnet Alt Energy is close enough to me I could drag my pellets home from there!

not sure if he has any right now.i got mine 3 months ago but havnt realy needed to burn them.getting by fine with shoulder stuff and using somersets for the cold snaps.looks like i'll get to save them for next year at this rate

Thanks for getting back. I`ll be keeping an eye out for them I have been hearing maybe this weekend he will have some! Any other Barefoot sources available locally?

only other place ive seen them is south shore wood pellet in hollbrook.he also carries logik-e which he says is just as good as the BF.SSWP prices are also on the high side

GOUGE! I just got 20 bags of North Americans from Lowe's, hardwood softwood mix, a little ashy but light and fluffy, pretty good heat, $4.28 a bag...idiot behind me was all upset that they didn't have the Inferno's, I said that these were better and he remarks, "Yeah, but they cost more!"

.08 cents more dude...I asked him how many bags he was going to but and he said 10....I said that was eighty cents...Really? Are you that cheap buddie? These are the folks that keep me in business I guess. I was in full work wear too and he didn't even take me seriously. Whatever.

only other place ive seen them is south shore wood pellet in hollbrook.he also carries logik-e which he says is just as good as the BF.SSWP prices are also on the high side
Logik-E are over rated in my opinion....they all crumble in the bag too, haven't seen any logiks longer than 1/2" ever

ACE in my town finally came down from that foolish $7.98 to move out the remaining stock. They dropped to $249 a ton, which I thought was a decent price for a good pellet. They still have two left and I'm considering grabbing them also (maybe if I wait it out, they'll drop them some more.....;))

GOUGE! I just got 20 bags of North Americans from Lowe's, hardwood softwood mix, a little ashy but light and fluffy, pretty good heat, $4.28 a bag...idiot behind me was all upset that they didn't have the Inferno's, I said that these were better and he remarks, "Yeah, but they cost more!"

.08 cents more dude...I asked him how many bags he was going to but and he said 10....I said that was eighty cents...Really? Are you that cheap buddie? These are the folks that keep me in business I guess. I was in full work wear too and he didn't even take me seriously. Whatever.

Yes GOUGE indeed! I only bought 2 bags just to try `em so I figured what the heck, but knowing how overpriced they were will keep me from shopping there for other things I may need in the future! I prefer to be gouged by stores that I shop at regularly :p.

I grabbed 6 bags of North Americans at Lowes this past Saturday and some Stove Chow and Nations Choice the week before at H.D. I was disappointed with the heat output of the Chow, go figure. I`ve read plenty of good stuff about them but my stove didnt get the memo. Guess I will keep buying pellets this way untill I can find Barefoots. As far as the idiot who wanted Inferno`s just goes to show you can`t fix stupid! Gotta love folks who know it all and will step on a $50 to go pick up a $5! I don`t even like buying pellets that are stacked NEXT to Inferno`s! ==c

Picked up 2 bags of Lignetics - green label - myself today at my local ACE in Palmer, MA, just to try as I haven't burned them in my stove yet. 7.98/bag.... However a full ton will run you $279. Worth it? Maybe?

sheetmetaldan you can find some Barefoots here:

http://www.pelletsdirect.com/

They are in Uxbridge, MA

I just bought three tons - $259 per ton (through March).

Status
Not open for further replies.