Like the Henry clay quote, winter forecast "18-19!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
here is the ncep model !?!
DkvCOWqWsAYMGGv?format=jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that could happen. A couple winters like that would thaw a bunch of permafrost and seriously damage miles and miles of highway up here. i don't know if it will be this year, but I won't be surprised to see something like that in my lifetime.

The prediction for here was way more snow then normal. It was a normal winter.

Same here, they predicted we’d be buried in snow last year, but it never happened. Last winter here started off abnormally cold around Christmas, but then was freakishly warm in February. Like nice fall day warm, for several weeks, in mid-winter. It got cold again in March, and remained cool thru April and May.

Let's hope it stays that way. The arctic this year has not fared well. Most CO2 accumulation is in the northern hemisphere where most industrialized civilization exists.

Last edited:
2015 up here we got 3 storms 3 days apart from each other all with almost 3 feet a piece. i quit plowing because of it and unless i read it wrong he is saying it could be the same as 2015. YIKES

I would say fair to above ave. He certainly is at odds the OFA, for sure. Has been saying all year the 60 day flips, cold to hot to cold ect.

I vaguely remember reading a comparison of OFA predictions versus the actual winter. It wasn't good, which was why I asked about this guy's record.