Lil Powerhouse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too far from my house; maybe we should exchange RIP-OFF stories and lessons learned...............

I think this guy was on here earlier this year. Too funny. The only reason I remember this is because of the camo door. $3 might be worth it to hear this guys story. Ha...

the old post is precious. definitely a case of "wise in his own eyes"

According to his profile, his last visit here was 2/14/09 after vigorously defending himself and his so called boilers with some just crazy statements. It is scary that people are spending serious money on these things - and - making him richer. He is still in business !

shoeboxlen said:
the manufacturer posted in that thread hi sname was cheap wood heat heres a link to his profile.... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/member/14266/
If it were me he would have found me with his POS boiler standing in his front yard. then he would have to make good on the POS

I've thought of the same thing, but the odds are stacked way against you especially dealing with a non local seller. Distance, state agencies with virtually no power (unless dealing with high $$ and many numbers), ease of LLC's to do business within a home state and out of state(Foreign) & their formation/dissolution, and people who just really don't care if they steal your money and have absolutely no conscience. Unless the business is established and has a relatively good reputation, there is no harm to these traveling salesmen. Dissolve one LLC, set up another, change the name, keep on legally stealing from others. Unless the seller wants to mediate or "Do the right thing", you might as well p#ss in the wind.

elderdk said:
Well, this is the guy that has the add on ebay. I am in the prossess of getting the firebox out. Check my ebay ad often for updates. I have a local metal fabricator in Watertown Ny that will rebuild the firebox side of the water jacket for about 250. i have a freind that is a welder in the steamfitters union that will weld it for me. So I am hopping to get it all done for about 350. Keep it for the rest of the year and get a new one. One of the ebayers that has the same furnace as me has been through two. The owner replaced his furnace and a year later it burned up again. Now it has been over a week and he hasnt been able to get him to call him back. Will keep you all updated.

Welcome to the forum....sorry to hear about all the trouble your having. Hopefully you'll get it sealed up enough to get you through the heating season this year. Snoop around here some and you'll p/u allot of good information for when your ready to replace it and set up a new heating unit.

I found this auction on ebay i figured i would pass it on.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Lil-powerhouse-outdoor-wood-boiler-story_W0QQitemZ250552134928QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a56122d10>
I do not know how to post a hyperlink, so you cansearch ebay (lil powerhouse)

-2* last night without wind chill. Tell em to get that torch and welder fired up!! Good luck!! Does kinda sound strange with his pricing. I saw earlier too he had buy it nows with different prices for what appeared to be identical units. Thousands of $$$ difference....

elderdk said:
NNYorker said:
-2* last night without wind chill. Tell em to get that torch and welder fired up!! Good luck!! Does kinda sound strange with his pricing. I saw earlier too he had buy it nows with different prices for what appeared to be identical units. Thousands of $$$ difference....

The owner called me tonight because he saw my ad. After 2 hours on the phone he basicly said tha he would do "something" Not sure what something is but "something" is better than "Nothing". We had -7 here in Antwerp!

I can honestly say-I'm shocked. Seriously, how long was your ad running before he said anything-he had to have seen it before today-PLUS all your other attempts at contacting him.

The owner called me tonight because he saw my ad. After 2 hours on the phone he basicly said tha he would do "something" Not sure what something is but "something" is better than "Nothing". We had -7 here in Antwerp![/quote

Prior to this he was taking all those calls from potential buyers but mysteriously never received any of your communications...The old warranty changes with the wind trick.....Ah, I remember these stories well. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

he got threatened w/ a lawsuit for liable and slander . . .scared him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.