Limestone on Interior of Stove Alcove???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ronsomething

Jan 12, 2023
Utah
Hey all, quick question for the collective knowledge and experience of this amazing forum.
My Lopi Evergreen wood stove is going to sit about 1/3 in and 2/3 out of a shallow alcove which sorta looks like a Rumford fireplace. There will be ventilation, air space, blowers, non-combustibles, appropriate clearances etc etc...I've done the research and received excellent feedback from this forum, and am aware of those issues. But it's the design the Lady of the House wants...with limestone rock surrounding the stove and interior of the shallow alcove. I've read online (not in this forum) that limestone rock may not be the best choice for the interior of the alcove...I guess b/c of the heat??? This is natural limestone veneer about 1.25 inches thick. Anybody have experience with this? Could it be a problem? Any feedback is appreciated?
Thanks to all!!!