Liner question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

xshmoox

Nov 1, 2015
Bucks Co., Pa
Moved recently and planning new liner install in new house. Planning on running the 6” oval rigid duraliner since the clay is 8x13. Planning on running 18 ft of the rigid and 3 feet of the flex through the damper to the insert. The manual states that the flex liner wouldn’t need to be insulated if it’s below the first flue tile to maintain zero clearance , is this correct or would I still need to wrap?

Thanks

Moved recently and planning new liner install in new house. Planning on running the 6” oval rigid duraliner since the clay is 8x13. Planning on running 18 ft of the rigid and 3 feet of the flex through the damper to the insert. The manual states that the flex liner wouldn’t need to be insulated if it’s below the first flue tile to maintain zero clearance , is this correct or would I still need to wrap?

Thanks
It is correct if the smoke chamber is built properly with the required thickness of masonry

Ok Thanks! Appreciate it! I just wanted to verify before ordering everything.

Does anyone know if they come with rivets or what size rivets are needed if not?

My oval Duraliner came with rivets.

Awesome! Thanks!
Hint, pick up some extra stainless steel pop rivets with a matching spec when you get them, before installing. Some are bound to drop and it's nice to have some extras in the pocket instead of crawling off the roof and searching for them in the gutter.

Reactions: jmb6420
Hint, pick up some extra stainless steel pop rivets with a matching spec when you get them, before installing. Some are bound to drop and it's nice to have some extras in the pocket instead of crawling off the roof and searching for them in the gutter.

lol that’s the best part looking for the last one you need after you dropped a bunch.

Reactions: jmb6420