liner ???s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
i know i've asked before but why a liner instead of a direct connect

some folks say you get a better draft and a hotter fire

i have a qf 2100i with a direct connect with an exterior chimney and i put Rockwool behind the insert

view001.jpg

now this insert has an offset for the direct connect so i still think with a liner i would have to pull the stove to clean it

why should i invest $400.00 for a liner

thanks for your thoughts

If you run a full liner, you probably won't hafta pull the insert out of the fireplace.
You should be able to brush the inside of the liner all the way to the baffle in the firebox
& then vacuum the remnants out.

The direct connect is a poor way to vent an insert.
Full liner is much better. (not just cuz I install 'em!)
Much esier to sweep, MUCH safer install, and if the industry pros in ma have their way,,,the law.

DAKSY said:
If you run a full liner, you probably won't hafta pull the insert out of the fireplace.
You should be able to brush the inside of the liner all the way to the baffle in the firebox
& then vacuum the remnants out.

Can't the baffle on that QF be removed?

sure but i have an offset that connects the direct connect to my stove. i guess the liner could be connected directly to save me from pulling out the insert when i clean it but will it run better / hotter

Stevebass4 said:
sure but i have an offset that connects the direct connect to my stove. i guess the liner could be connected directly to save me from pulling out the insert when i clean it but will it run better / hotter

Disconnect the short length from your offset & connect the full liner in its place...
Your insert will draft better & heat up faster & should burn to its optimum BTU rating...

thanks!

that's what i wanted to hear - it takes about an hour to get the room from 63 to 66 and above - IF the ful liner will do it faster then it's worth the price

Status
Not open for further replies.