Liner Supplier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy517

Oct 8, 2013
Where have you guys found the best deals on liners, online. Or, if you are from SE PA are there any local suppliers that have good pricing? I bought the Regency 3100 from Peak distribution, but they are low and or out of stock on som,e of the parts that I am needing.

Chimneylinerdepot.com is where I got mine-half the price of my local dealer plus they were helpful in telling what I needed I had to go with a 5.5 inch liner due to my flue size shipping was fast too

Chimneylinerdepot.com is where I got mine-half the price of my local dealer plus they were helpful in telling what I needed I had to go with a 5.5 inch liner due to my flue size shipping was fast too
I have also been looking at Chimneylinerdepot, specifically their flex king pro. It has a smooth interior and seems pretty rugged as they advertise it as double wall . I also have been looking at Rockford Supply although their liner is a little thinner (same price) but they have free shipping, always a good plus. Anyone out there have any thoughts on these two suppliers?

Look up some old posts about the double wall- seems people on the site who install liners don't like them- sounds like they are more difficult to work with and the inner lining damages easy. If it's a straight shot from top to bottom it may be ok but I had a hard enough time bending the single wall pipe I used around my damper.

I am one of the sweeps that absolutely would not recommend the double layer stuff. What we always use for wood stoves is stuff similar to their flex king hd but i would absolutely just go with regular light wall before using that crap

I do have a straight shot to the bottom with no bends. The reason I was thinking of the flex pro is the smooth interior and the thickness seemed pretty robust but now you have me thinking. If I get it installed properly are you saying there are still inherent problems with this type of liner?

i feel there is yes the heavy wall flex is thicker and still smooth that inner liner is so thin i have seen them damaged a few times by cleaning

If you want 21' feet of double wall, it is laying in the woods next to my house. After I pulled that de-laminating crap out of the chimney in 2007, threw it off the roof and replaced it with single wall.

Well, except for the six feet I cut off last year to put on the meat smoker.

To quote Nancy Reagan, just say no. Other than that, I have no opinion.

Don't waste your money on double wall "smooth bore" liner, I did, wouldn't do it again. The last time double wall liner was truly smooth inside was when it was coming off the assembly line. Get a regular old single ply flex liner, spend the extra money to get insulation for it, you'll be better off in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.