Load of Locust????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kayakkeith

Hearth Supporter
Sep 20, 2010
West Virginia
E858458E-33D2-48C5-91D1-C2401BD086DD.jpeg What would you consider a fair price for this load of all locust only...

Last edited by a moderator:
Woodstock Progress
2 dogs - wife in the hills of WV
3 whitewater kayaks and lots of skis and couple Mt bikes

Looks to me like you are LTD livin the dream !!

As for a fair price I am stumped.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountain man 2
I'd pay between $450.00 - $550.00 cash for that, being that normal log loads of ash, maple, oak mixed go between $350 & $450 a load by me.

I'd pay between $450.00 - $550.00 cash for that, being that normal log loads of ash, maple, oak mixed go between $350 & $450 a load by me.
That would be cheap for a load around here...mixed like that goes for about $600

This is interesting to me for two reason
1) I like black locust
2) Spotted a log load near a land clearing site today.

So how many cord do you think are in the picture posted ? & What a fair price per log load cord in your area ?

This is interesting to me for two reason
1) I like black locust
2) Spotted a log load near a land clearing site today.

So how many cord do you think are in the picture posted ? & What a fair price per log load cord in your area ?

So that is about 6 to 7 cords
So a truck of mixed hardwood around here tha size gets about $600
This is going for $900

So that is about 6 to 7 cords
So a truck of mixed hardwood around here tha size gets about $600
This is going for $900
The issue here is that as we all know here, this log truck is like a load of coal or oil just in log form, unfortunately few of the general public understand the value of this, many through "here say" think this is a tough to burn wood and would rather stick the oak, maple, birch, ash.

The issue here is that as we all know here, this log truck is like a load of coal or oil just in log form, unfortunately few of the general public understand the value of this, many through "here say" think this is a tough to burn wood and would rather stick the oak, maple, birch, ash.
Never heard anyone say it’s tough to burn...always want some locust for the 20 degree and colder nights
Around these parts burners react to locust here like it’s the best for cold nights and long burns...
I always say it’s the crack cocaine of wood burners...they can never get enough

Ash and birch is not looked at as good burning wood...definitely oak though

Not to hijack this tread but.

What breed of dogs do you have ?

Also , I spent many a good time down in WV chasing great whitewater. Upper Yough , Gauley to name a few. What waters do you all paddle ?

West Virginia is Wild and Wonderful !

Not to hijack this tread but.

What breed of dogs do you have ?

Also , I spent many a good time down in WV chasing great whitewater. Upper Yough , Gauley to name a few. What waters do you all paddle ?

West Virginia is Wild and Wonderful !
Basically all those same rivers and more...Blackwater ,Cheat etc

Dogs are just mutts

Reactions: Lakeside
Back to the locust log load.

This tread is very helpful as I will be making an offer on an identical log load of locust today.

Thank you Keith & Heath.com --- good info & good people here.

18485815_10212511445685975_5905741698381486554_n.jpg

"Tough to burn wood?" What in the world? Get it up to Fahrenheit 451 and it will burn good.

It is my favorite firewood and I burn lots of it here in the NC mountains. Holds coals great.