Load of White Oak before the storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Saturday before the brutal winter storm here my son and I managed to get a load of White Oak home.
image.jpgMy favorite. Used to be Hedge, but White Oak is the best!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice looking scrounge! I drug home one like that just recently too. I'd go split it if it wasn't so cold :eek:;lol

Reactions: tfdchief
The dogs are "camouflaged in there...LOL!:)

Nice score on the Oak!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm with you. White oak is #1. From splitting to burning it is easy to work with and puts out good heat. I was lucky to have my neighbor have 2 white oak come down. They were both about 36" around.

Don't open that gate Steve!

The dogs are "camouflaged in there...LOL!:)

Nice score on the Oak!
I wondered if anybody would notice my new little Buddy in the foreground and your right Dennis if I open the gate he 'd be gone

Saturday before the brutal winter storm here my son and I managed to get a load of White Oak home.
View attachment 123140My favorite. Used to be Hedge, but White Oak is the best!
Nice score. Hope ya had fun with your son! I like oak but respectfully disagree. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.