local dealer had Harman Accentra Inserts in stock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dccampli

Jun 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
Happened to stop into my local Harman dealer over the weekend to find out about pellet availability. Was shocked to find they had 3 Accentra inserts in stock. After months of researching and complaining how expensive stoves got, decided to just buy the thing. Next shipment of stoves for this dealer was February. I know I am very lucky to find a stove so late in the season. Listening to Bloomberg this morning about how oil producting countries may just cut back once oil prices drop to $55. I have had enough of this stupid heating oil game. Now I get to play the stupid pellet shortage game as the Long Island area is really tough. The dealer reserves two tons for each stove so at least I am ensured something this year, just have to pick up myself and pay higher price.

Well, here is the catch. They cannot do the install and they cannot deliver stove until late December so I have to pick up myself. Anyone have any experience moving a 485lb stove off a truck and into the house? This sounds heavy and not easy!

Well, much to do now. I have to figure out my install, my vent, OAK, need to extend my 16 inch raised hearth, and open a wall to make more open floor plan. Oh and also get lots of beer for the guys that will help move the stove and supply the truck. I am tired just thinking about all this but can't wait to see those pretty flames in the stove and finally be warm in the house.

Will keep you posted on how it goes.
-DC

Me and a friend moved my Accentra insert from the back of the pickup into my living room. I don't think it weighs 485lbs, I am not the strong ;) I remember pulling off the cast iron parts (surround, lid, ect..) before we moved it though. I just did the cleaning last night by myself and managed to slide it in and out of the frame to gain access to the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.