Log stand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Campfire

Sep 14, 2008
Waterford,Mi
I was wondering if any one had pictures of a log-round cutting stand that they may have. I would like to cut them 18" long.

You mean a sawbuck like this?

Bucking%20Horse.jpg

Thats what Im looking for! I like how you have the wheel barrel frame under it for easy moving.

Here is a more recent pic of it. I cut tapers into the V so it can hold more wood.

Attachments

• sawbuck.jpg
    sawbuck.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 302
Check out my thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37126/

I just built the one I have a link too, but with this damm rain we're getting, I haven't had a chance to use it. Best thing was is I built it with scrap wood and a scarp closet dowel (used to join the 2x4's). This is a small portable one (it folds in) but you can and there are plans there to build a bigger one like the ones pictured here..

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.