logging truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minesmoria

Dec 17, 2005
I was going to get a triaxle load of yew or birch logs for 1400 what i was wondering is the trucks have no crane to take the logs off.

Do they not tilt up and the logs fall off.

Are you sure it won't have a crane like this log truck?

Attachments

• logtruck.jpg
    logtruck.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 470
how many cords are in that load for 1400?
25 or 30 ?

WOW....20 cord would make that $70 a cord and you still have to cut and split. I am spoiled terribly.

lets assume the load is 6' high 7.5' wide and 24' long = 8 to 9 cords cut and split less.
If the logging trailer has no grapling arm then plan on a folk lift to unload Most or none tilt or dump

A tri-axle log truck without a loader will hold about 7.5 full cords. If there's no loader, then the load has to be dumped in your yard. I think $1,400 is about 2 or 3 times more than you should be paying for a load of birch. $500-$700 would be more like it.

If the truck has a loader on it, that knocks about a cord off the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.