Logik-e pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedarjunki

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2015
Upstate NY
Anyone burning these? Any opinions? I didnt find any reviews on here for them.
100% hardwood and claim made from hardwood flooring waste.

I grabbed about 10 bags back in 2011 at the end of the burning season, when my stash was nearly depleted.
They burned fine & I had no issues with them.

I grabbed 3 bags from a local shop to try. First bag should be going in this evening... Prefer soft pellets but i been giving about every pellet i can find a try atleast. They say they have been carrying only this brand for 4 years and plan to continue with it. So i figured id try em.

Well just dumped a bag in after letting the hopper empty and giving the stove a quick vacuuming. First impression... very much resemble the 100% softies i have. Very light in color and for the most part average 1/4"-3/8" long just like the softies. Most of the other hardwoods i have tried were much longer and alot darker.
These lit extremely fast.. maybe 20 seconds with the torch and they were burning.
And they do smell alot better than most i have tried. Only time will tell.

Burnt about 20 bags last season and they were great. They are hardwood that burns like a softwood. Great heat and low ash, looking forward to seeing what this year's stash is like. Keep us posted.

Its only been 3 hours but they are a hell of lot hotter than most..i am sure they are feeding faster being smaller but it is a noticeable diff in heat output running heat 2 settings lower and 3 blower speeds faster... so far not much ash at all. 55 bag skid is $300.00 here. I have burnt alot of garbage so far the past 2 months and i wish i tried these first. Basically the same price as the softies i have but atleast now i have a choice..

Its been 12 hours now and this is the most heat i have gotten out of my stove yet with a hardwood pellet! But they do feed faster. Having an eglander, i set the heat at 2 and blower 9 last nite. Lowered the fuel feed from 5 down to 3. To try to equal the flame and heat ouput i have been used too.. but its still alot more than any other hard pellet has produced. Window was still fairly clean too. So far these are on my list right next to the softies.

1451750910935-1359896167.jpg
Guess i need to get an infrared thermometer.. but these sure do burn nice and hot... it wouldnt let me upload a video :-/

Last edited:
Excellent heat!
Very low ash.

The only problem is they feed fast being so small. I ran on setting 2 with the low fuel feed set at 3 vs factory 6. Average outside temp was 30 most of the day. Roughly 22 hours out of a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.