Loi Liberty vs Napoleon S9

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

old greybeard

Burning Hunk
Oct 29, 2018
PA
Looking to replace my Lopi 1750 with a bigger stove. I need more radiant heat and btu's to bring my cabin up from cold. I have a large open floor plan with a high ceiling.
Dealer is working toward a trade for a Lopi Liberty or a Napoleon S9.
I like the legs vs ash drawer on the Lopi, plus its USA made.
The Lopi appears wider and shorter. Wish theses manufacturers would show usable firebox dimensions.
Any feedback on these 2 stoves?

Last edited:
The Liberty is primarily an E/W loader. It's a big heat machine, but there are stoves of its size that have more square fireboxes for N/S loading as well. I don't recall anyone posting about the S9 yet. It's firebox is definitely deep. It looks to be about 22" deep x 18" wide. The Napoleon 1900 was a decent heater as long as it had sufficient draft. Does the dealer carry any other brand stoves?

How tall is the flue system on the 1750? Is there a ceiling fan in the cabin?

Last edited: