Long term plans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
At some point I will replace the Intrepid and the Vigilant. The spot that holds the Vigilant will allow me to install pretty much anything. So, I'm not concerned there. But the Intrepid is in a spot that will allow a maximum height of 25.5". The location is the Kitchen and the stove it is responsible for heating the kitchen and the master bedroom (with some heat going into the dining room and the second bedroom).

The easy answer is 'put in an insert', but we lose the electricity here a lot during the winter and I like that a free standing stove relies on a fan a lot less than an insert does. So, the question is, what would you buy/suggest? I would want to replace it with something at or above the 40k BTU range. I prefer cast iron or soapstone but I am open to suggestions. And the idle height would be around 22-23" to allow for better air flow.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.