look guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy! You created a wood burner. Now there will be less natural resources for the rest of us. :)

Hi guys! I am Guy's Daughter. Dad told me to come here and ask you if you think I got cheated. I live in Philly and I paid $115 for 1/2 Full cord. I don't think I got a Full 1/2 cord. I would measure but I have some in the house, some in a rack and some stacked on skids. Take a look at the pics if you have the time and inclination give me your opinion on whether or not the guy cheated me. Or, if any of you know of anyone just North of Philly who is a reputable wood guy I'd take the recomendations! Thanks or looking!

Guy's Daughter.

www.flickr.com/photos/21072575@N00/2251417278/

www.flickr.com/photos/21072575@N00/2245540698/

www.flickr.com/photos/21072575@N00/2245536922/

It wouldn't surprise me if you were a little short, given that firewood sales seems to attract a lot of folks who left used car sales because the ethical standards were too high. But I don't think you'll get a terribly good estimate of the volume based on those photos. Better to consolidate the piles as much as is practical and then measure each one. If you are short, and want the dealer to make good, you'll basically need to stack it all in one place as proof anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.