Look what I found

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacktheknife

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2012
Lakota, Iowa
Not a bad scrounge for this Hawkeye-- found it at the city brush pile 4 blocks from my house. Mostly maple, I think. I had to leave the big trunk as I couldn't wrestle it out alone. Will see if my brother wants to help tomorrow and we can split it fairly. Incidentally, that pile is exactly one car load.

2012-12-06_14-34-58_711.jpg
2012-12-06_15-15-21_948.jpg
2012-12-06_16-01-51_223.jpg

*thumbs up*

Nicely done! Plenty of heat there

It still amazes me how much of the stuff normally just goes to waste when it is actually great fuel for heating our homes. Good for you for finding this and getting it home.

Did the same thing today , will post picures. Check this pile as much as you can. Nice pick up of maple and looks like walnut

Reactions: Jacktheknife
I look forward to seeing them, tigeroak.

Status
Not open for further replies.