Looking at 2008 Harman Accentra Insert tomorrow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

skirby1212

Jan 6, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi guys. After some research I’m thinking I want to switch from wood to a pellet stove. Looking at an 2008 Accentra insert tomorrow and am wondering what a good price would be. He’s asking $2000 but I’m thinking I can get it for $1500. He says it’s in good condition and that he has been servicing pellet stoves for 19 years and bought it from one of his customers that installed it in 2010. Does this seem like an ok price if in fact it’s in good shape? Also looked at new ones which were around $4600-$4800 and really liked the Easy Control but is that really worth that much more? Was wondering if you can add the Easy Control to an older model stove?
Thank you in advance. I’ve learned so much on this forum

That’s not the only improvement they’ve made. The Accentra insert is a similar but different stove from the 52i tc Accentra. They quit making the Accentra insert when’s they started the 52i. That said, the Accentra insert is a great model. If the motors are all in good shape it’s definitely worth 1500

Thank you. I know there were a lot of changes made between the older models and the 52i. More btu output different blower fan setup plus more changes. I’m just wondering if all the changes are worth the price of new? Or if I will be happy with the older model and saving around $2500.00

I’ve read many posts on both models and people say they are great stoves but can be somewhat difficult to do maintenance on. I read many post of the Accentra before the 52i came out and the majority was positive feedback. I just don’t want to make a mistake as I bought several wood stoves until I found the right one
Thanks again

So I looked at the stove today and it looks to be in really good condition. Only really needs a thorough cleaning or annual cleaning and new paint. He fired it up for me and all worked well. Ran it for about 15 minutes and everything worked as it should so I bought it then bought a new liner. Hopefully this week I can get it cleaned and painted and over the weekend remove my wood stove and 8” liner then get this one installed. Looking forward to seeing how it does in my house and really looking forward to not having to move and stack wood anymore

So I looked at the stove today and it looks to be in really good condition. Only really needs a thorough cleaning or annual cleaning and new paint. He fired it up for me and all worked well. Ran it for about 15 minutes and everything worked as it should so I bought it then bought a new liner. Hopefully this week I can get it cleaned and painted and over the weekend remove my wood stove and 8” liner then get this one installed. Looking forward to seeing how it does in my house and really looking forward to not having to move and stack wood anymore
I did same this yr, removed wood insert and got pellet insert. Looking forward to less work and steady heat.

I did same this yr, removed wood insert and got pellet insert. Looking forward to less work and steady heat.
I can totally relate. My last insert was hard to keep running overnight and got sick of lighting it almost every morning. Looking very forward to filling the hopper once a day and no more stacking wood

Reactions: Dabug
So today I removed my wood stove and liner and installed new liner and the pellet stove. Did a full cleaning but couldn’t get the brush past the corner on left side. Will try again tomorrow but lit it up and im loving it so far. Here’s a pic of the first fire up. Thanks again. I learn more and more from this site
BCED1DB1-6434-4CEF-94E0-35D48CB4B62F.jpeg

A rotary brush on a drill works best, but it’s best to do it with the stove pulled out and the combustion blower pulled

So today I removed my wood stove and liner and installed new liner and the pellet stove. Did a full cleaning but couldn’t get the brush past the corner on left side. Will try again tomorrow but lit it up and im loving it so far. Here’s a pic of the first fire up. Thanks again. I learn more and more from this site

Getting the brush past the corner and all the way through the exhaust path is the hardest part of cleaning it. I use a 2"×42" boiler brush that is much stiffer than the original bush. It helps, but it is still a hassle.