Looking at a new purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I am in the market for my first wood stove and am thrilled with this community and threads that I have gone through thus far and know that I will learn alot as I go .....

I have my mind set on the Jotul F 3 CB which heats approximately 1,300sf and was wondering if anyone here has one and what their experiences have been or perhaps can make another suggestion for a stove in the 42,000-45,000BTU range.

I am in the process of determining how to create a base for my stove. I will be placing the stove in a wall to wall carpeted room. I would ideally like to simply take a 48x48 piece of wonderboard (concrete) lay it directly onto the carpet and install granite tile on top of that. Being as how the Jotul is on legs do you think that this would be a sufficient setup? I am not really into the raised base look and want to keep it low but SAFE.

Thanks in advance and I hope to be frequent visitor to these forums.

It all depends on what your manual states with a PE stove you could do that as their manual says for ember protection. others actually state an "R"value and such so I would say it depends on the stove itself most of the manuals are available in PDF by the maker on their sites.

Thank you ..... Anyone own a Jotul F 3 CB and have positive or more importantly negative feedback about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.