looking for a bigger cfm blower motor for a harman magnum coal stoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lime4x4

Nov 18, 2005
Northeast Pa
I just got a harman magnum coal stoker i just think that the blower motor is under rated for this great stove. It comes with a 135 cfm blower fan. You would think a stove with this much btu output would have a bigger motor. So i was wondering if anyone knew of a source that has a bigger cfm blower motor? My dealer said harman doesn't make one but there might be a few aftermarket motors out that would work. I've seen units that were rated at 72K btu that come with a 265 cfm blower fan as standard with an option to get a 435 cfm fan.By the way this stove is capable of putting out over 85K btu

You could try looking into grainger. They may carry something a little bigger then what comes with the unit.

That is a really nice stove. I almost bought one but the size a the blower was a drawback for me. I went with the Keystoker and got it with the 500 cfm blower, as I too am running it in basement and pumping the heat upstairs. Might want to try to find a keystoker parts source and see if you could retro-fit the blower onto yours.

Just keep in mind that the faster the air travels through the ducting the faster the air is going to cool down. Easy rule - slower means warmer, faster means cooler.

Yeah and also installing a blower on your stove that is larger than the one that it was designed with might cool the firebox down resulting in improper burn, clinkers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.