Looking for a Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100 Installer near Pittsburgh, Pa...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bur1196

Aug 25, 2020
Sutersville, Pa
I currently have a Fire Chief Wood Furnace that now has cracks in the corners of the door. I would like to replace it with a Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100 wood furnace. I would also prefer if you had already installed this model...I am not having any luck with local contractors/businesses (all want to only install their model they support)...Anybody out there that installs these? Thanks!

Can you DIY at all? We might be able to walk you through it...I have installed several...but I'm also 2 hours away.

Can you DIY at all? We might be able to walk you through it...I have installed several...but I'm also 2 hours away.

Thank you for the reply...I do not have the knowledge or strength to install it myself. It also has to go into the basement and I do not have the tools/means to get it down there...Also, I would like it the return to hook up to the existing duct (like I have it now)...I am just about 30 minutes southeast of Pittsburgh as well...

Ok, so I'm 2.5 hours away then ;lol
I see...so what you will probably have to do is be your own subcontractor...hire a stove shop or moving company to come and take it to the basement with their powered stair dolly...then get a HVAC contractor to make/hook up the ducts...then a chimney sweep to do the stove pipe...electrician to do the electrical...etc.
I take it Lamppa doesn't know of anyone local?

Ok, so I'm 2.5 hours away then ;lol
I see...so what you will probably have to do is be your own subcontractor...hire a stove shop or moving company to come and take it to the basement with their powered stair dolly...then get a HVAC contractor to make/hook up the ducts...then a chimney sweep to do the stove pipe...electrician to do the electrical...etc.
I take it Lamppa doesn't know of anyone local?

I tried Lamppa and they did not have any local installers near me...I was hoping to get someone that does it all...

I was hoping to get someone that does it all...
You'll have to keep calling around, or maybe post an ad...maybe an installer from a local shop would do it on the side? I think some chimney sweeps will do jobs like this too...have to make sure you don't hire any old yahoo though...there are a thousand ways to screw this up. Here is a search from the CSIA site for certified sweeps near you. https://web.csia.org/directory/resu...=50&Latitude=40.2361816&Longitude=-79.7992120
Any other ideas @bholler?
What you have run into is common though...the shops only want to install what they sell...I think this has been a real issue for Lamppa since they don't have dealers.

Reactions: lampmfg
Maybe @lampmfg needs to actively keep a database of anyone that has one installed by someone other than themselves, more specifically, who that installer is, where they are, and contact info...

Reactions: woodey
The pa chimney sweep guild has a site as well.

I can't help as far as a local contractor but you are looking the best forced air indoor furnace on the market. Another thing you have going for you is that Lamppa MFG. has great CS. I hired a local small contractor to install mine in conjunction with a new propane furnace. He had never installed a Kuuma but followed all instructions and specs to the T. The few questions he had he called Lamppa and questions were answered immediately. With a few phone calls install was flawless. The contactor laughed that the only slight issue he had was getting Daryl (owner) off the phone. Good luck

Last edited:
That would be nice...I just sent a bunch of emails to those on the site so we'll see but again, thank you...
Welcome...and good luck!
Let us know how things turn out...and take some pictures for us! ;)
And just out of curiosity, how old is your Fire Chief furnace...its not one of the newer ones that are causing all the problems, is it?

Welcome...and good luck!
Let us know how things turn out...and take some pictures for us! ;)
And just out of curiosity, how old is your Fire Chief furnace...its not one of the newer ones that are causing all the problems, is it?

Thanks, I appreciate it...

Sadly it is one of the newer ones, installed in 2017...I would tell people to stay far away from them...

I would tell people to stay far away from them...
Excellent advice...its a dangerous product in my opinion.
You have chosen well this time around...you'll love the VF100!

Reactions: sloeffle
Sorry, I missed this post notification...I have the Vapor Fire ordered and supposedly shipping next week...I have two installers willing to install it for me...

Great! Let us know how it goes...and we like pics ;)

Reactions: hobbyheater
Finally got it installed and did the 1st burn today :)

My first furnace got badly damaged in shipping so got another one (took pictures and sent to Daryl and he was like, we'll get you another one built and shipped out, don't worry about anything, it will be taken care of). I literally did nothing other than taking pictures and contacting them, very easy...

So far, I have been pleased. Time will tell once I get more burns in :)

If anyone needs an installer near Pittsburgh, Pa, I can refer you to someone (mine was the 1st one he installed and he was very impressed with it - even might get one for himself)...

Congrats!
Have any pics of your install?
Might want to let @lampmfg about your installer...they are always looking for good installers in each region.

Reactions: lampmfg
If anyone needs an installer near Pittsburgh, Pa, I can refer you to someone
Might as well give them a little publicity for a job well done... ;)

Finally got it installed and did the 1st burn today :)

My first furnace got badly damaged in shipping so got another one (took pictures and sent to Daryl and he was like, we'll get you another one built and shipped out, don't worry about anything, it will be taken care of). I literally did nothing other than taking pictures and contacting them, very easy...

So far, I have been pleased. Time will tell once I get more burns in :)

If anyone needs an installer near Pittsburgh, Pa, I can refer you to someone (mine was the 1st one he installed and he was very impressed with it - even might get one for himself)...
Hi! I’m looking to get a wood stove installed near Pittsburgh! Would love your contact if still available!