On my 10th season with my Kuuma Vapor Fire 100.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRHAWK9

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2014
Wisconsin Dells, WI
I just realized we are on our 10th season of heating our place with our Kuuma Vapor Fire 100. I still am like a kid at Christmas when it comes time to light the first fire of the year and I still enjoy the h@ll out of this furnace. It's just sooo dang easy to operate. It's currently enjoying a diet of oak that's been split/stacked since spring '15.

That's all, carry on. :)

Congrats, JR. We're starting our 11th season with our Harman PB105, and it has been a champ. I lived in Baraboo years ago, met my wife there. So good memories of the area.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
Been online with our VF since Oct 13th 2018...and after running more than my share of different wood furnaces, I'm fully convinced that there is not a better better forced air wood furnace out there.

I loaded 90lbs in it on Sat morning at 8:45am before we left for the weekend. The blower turned off at 8:28am Sunday morning. Almost 24 hours of straight blower runtime.

I loaded 90lbs in it on Sat morning at 8:45am before we left for the weekend. The blower turned off at 8:28am Sunday morning. Almost 24 hours of straight blower runtime.

I'd also like to add that what I burned was some 10+ year old Black Locust that has been sitting down our dry basement for the last 4-5 years or so. When I tested the moisture on a re-split last winter, it would not even read on my moisture meter. It was some dry stuff!

I'd also like to add that what I burned was some 10+ year old Black Locust that has been sitting down our dry basement for the last 4-5 years or so. When I tested the moisture on a re-split last winter, it would not even read on my moisture meter. It was some dry stuff!
How was the burn? Still coal like no other, or did it burn a bit faster from being so dry?

Congrats on your 10th season.

How was the burn? Still coal like no other, or did it burn a bit faster from being so dry?

Congrats on your 10th season.

It burned just like everything else. I wasn't home but when I checked into the furnace's vitals remotely it seemed to burn/behave like I expected it to. I loaded on very minimal coals. Furnace has always seemed to have very good control.

It kept the LP furnace from kicking in during the 32 hours we were away from home.