looking for a small wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klain

Nov 27, 2008
Connecticut
Hi, Presently I have a small wood stove and would like to get another small wood stove. Approx. 30 in tall 16 -17 wide and long. The present stove has no paperwork or manual so the town will not permit this particular stove. Need to have the manual , specs, and be UL rated. I am looking for a used or new stove. doe anyone know of a particular model I would search for. Any help , greatly appreciated

For a small stove, the hearthstone Tribute is great little stove! We actually heat our entire upstairs with it. It has a small firebox, but the soapstone extends the heat time a bit. We don't get what I would call an overnight burn, but if we push the temp up in the evening, the house holds over night, so far. It really is great little stove, and it looks nice too.

For Jotul, look at the F100 Nordic or the 602CB. For Morso look at the 1410 or the 2B. If you aren't in a hurry, it looks like Englander may have a new small stove coming on the market to replace the 12FP. Given its heritage, I expect it'll be a winner. It's designed by our local hearth star Corie.

Here's a teaser thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/23984/

Status
Not open for further replies.