Looking for an electric splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen those many times on Ebay.

I tend to believe Elk so if I am going to buy one, it is going to be the Ryobi. Elk was impressed with its performance.

Carpniels

DR splitter make a 6 ton model not bad it has that extra power where 4 ton splitters will not push threw.
I have actually used one that 50% more power splits better than the ryobi
4 ton the ryobi wins hands down I just wish they were 8 tons or more, Omega has the tonage increases but factor the person you are doing business with and review the payment policy. You will discover why I caution your dealing with Omega.

Another big benefit to Ryobi is that it can be purchased at Home Depot. Easy to return if it doesn't work for you.

Correct me if I am wrong but HD return policy is 90 days with a receit
All these smaller units are made in China or from Pacific Basin locations

Dr power equipment has been in business a long time. Not a fly by night opperation noted for quality yard machines.
My suggestion for you is head down to home depot purchase the ryobi and put it threw the paces. I think you will find it a keeper.
If not then you just learned what 4 tons will do Return it and seeek a more powerfull splitter.
IT the convience factor, plug it in and begin splitting The chipping away at the pile approach. Especially appreciated as we age and swinging a maul takes a more noticable toll on our bodies. Been there when younger, rented the gas splitter worked my@** off, paid for that experience for days. To really get the most out of the rental you have to be setup and organized. Because after 2 hours one gets damn tired. I still hand split with a maul for excersise and some instances it is the quickest way to get a small vollume done.
I wish these smaller electric were priced cheaper and more powerfull. It's too bad Omega is such a smuck. He sells 6, 7, and 9 ton splitters. 7 or 9 tons is quite a power difference

Status
Not open for further replies.