Looking for Help Identifying a Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DWNL

Apr 8, 2021
Canada
Hello,

newbie here. I am hoping someone can help me identify this stove.
signal-2021-04-08-205548.jpeg

I found this in the in-laws garage, it was my wife's grandfather's. I have started the cleanup and noticed that the info plate was painted over sometime ago. The door handle was completely seized and needed to be cut/drilled out. I am hoping if I can identify it I can find a replacement handle as well as find the clearances needed for installation. I am planning to use it for a sauna I'm building in the backyard.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
DWNL

Hello,

newbie here. I am hoping someone can help me identify this stove.
View attachment 277664
I found this in the in-laws garage, it was my wife's grandfather's. I have started the cleanup and noticed that the info plate was painted over sometime ago. The door handle was completely seized and needed to be cut/drilled out. I am hoping if I can identify it I can find a replacement handle as well as find the clearances needed for installation. I am planning to use it for a sauna I'm building in the backyard.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
DWNL
I really doubt you will find a handle for that it will probably need to fabricate something. And that is a massive stove for a sauna

I really doubt you will find a handle for that it will probably need to fabricate something. And that is a massive stove for a sauna

I figured a replacement handle would, or other parts, be a long shot at best.

Re: Size for sauna. I agree for sure, but the price is right for the stove. I plan to use it until I can save up enough for a proper sauna stove. Then hopefully I can find a new home for this stove that I've cleaned up.