Looking for new bricks for lining a 1981 Warnock Hersey antique style wood stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Canuckiwi

May 13, 2021
British Columbia, Canada
I have a 1981 Warnock Hersey branded antique style wood burning stove for which I need replacement bricks. I understand that WH is not the manufacturer, but as yet am unable to determine who the manufacturer was. I do have a couple of images of the stove and also of the tin plate on the back of the stove with the WH info on it and would be happy to email them to anyone who might be able to assist me. Not being very IT proficient I am unable to upload these images from my phone to this site, and apologize profusely for my incompetence. My email is [email protected]
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Standard firebrick is 9" x 4.5" x 1.25". Most older stoves used this standard firebrick. It's available at lumber yards and the big box hardware stores.

If you need thinner than standard firebrick, I get away with using k-26 insulated firebrick that this guy makes to any thinkness you need, hes on ebay. K26 bricks are lighter, normally used in kilns but they seem to do the job.