Looking for new stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cat200

Jan 12, 2009
NE Missouri
I have a choice between a PE Super 27 or an Englander 30 besides price what is the main differences? Ease of use, burn times, durability, efficiency. Thanks

The main difference is size. The PE Super 27 is a 2 cu ft stove vs the Englander 30NC which is 3.5 cu ft. Big difference there. The PE Summit is a closer match. Other than that, the main difference is in secondary design and construction. The PE is jacketed and has closer clearances and lower hearth R requirements. However, both are good stoves.

Relatively big difference in firebox size. The real answer to your question may lie in the intended application, as far as which of these two stoves is the best fit for you. Rick

I am going to heat a 2000 square ft house and put it in a finished basement. currently I am heating with a USSC 6039 and it does a good job until it gets in the single digits and then I have to kick in a ventless heater on the main floor. The ventless heater doesnt run much at these times. looking for something less noisy and cheaper to heat with .

cat200 said:
I am going to heat a 2000 square ft house and put it in a finished basement. currently I am heating with a USSC 6039 and it does a good job until it gets in the single digits and then I have to kick in a ventless heater on the main floor. The ventless heater doesnt run much at these times. looking for something less noisy and cheaper to heat with .

are these your choices due to price?
as mentioned early they are completely different stoves .. both are great but if you are having problems heating then the englander is gonna give more heat for a longer period of time ... you really can't compare the 2 when trying to figure out heat output as the 30 would like a comparing a ford 350 to a ford five hundred .. both will get you there but you can't compare them because the are made for different things... if you burn 24/7 not worried about looks and price is the same get 30 ... but also check your clearances vs what the manuals say as the 30 is gonna be a lot different make sure you can fit it..
if you want something more pleasing get the pe but i would even try to get a bigger one .... heating a house from the basement isn't always easy

Thanks for the feedback I purchased the Englander 30 at Sutherlands today for $727 out the door. They had them marked down $150 and then took another 10% off

Nice deal, let the sales begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.