Looking for right hand gloves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquini

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2009
North Shore, MA
I’m right handed. I have a collection of work gloves, all of the right hand gloves get holes in them. I end up throwing the pair of gloves in the trash with half of the pair still in good condition. I find this unsatisfactory. I am looking for a left handed friend with a collection of left handed work gloves wear out.

This is the plan. A few times a year I will mail you half of my collection of good condition Left hand gloves. In return, you would mail me half of your collection of good condition Right handed gloves. By doing this we will complete a new set of gloves and extend the life of our old gloves.

Let’s get down to the details. I wear XL size gloves. If you have petite hands or extra fat hands this partnership will not work. Don’t worry, I am not concerned with matching gloves. I will accept any right handed glove in good condition. Still, there is a bit of courtesy involved with this trade. If the gloves was used in questionable situations where you would not want to wear the glove again please don’t send it to me.

If interested starting this partnership let me know.

Reactions: Charlie2
Haha:) I have the same problem being RH. Good luck.

I am a lefty; I will look around my glove pile and get back to you. I'm a firm believer of duct tape for finger holes in gloves....

Turn them ( the left for you righties) inside out.

Nice! I'm right-handed but I usually only wear the left hand glove and use my right hand for guiding and manipulation, so a lot of my right hand gloves are in very good shape. I'll go through my box of gloves and see if I can find anything that suits your chirality. (Should be big enough, my hand spans a little over 10 inches from tip of thumb to tip of pinky.)

Nice! I'm right-handed but I usually only wear the left hand glove and use my right hand for guiding and manipulation, so a lot of my right hand gloves are in very good shape. I'll go through my box of gloves and see if I can find anything that suits your chirality. (Should be big enough, my hand spans a little over 10 inches from tip of thumb to tip of pinky.)
I have 4 pair. I can send you 2 right handed gloves. Private message me your address and can send them off.

At first I thought you were joking, but it actually is a great idea. Just yesterday I wore a hole in my right middle finger tip while splitting wood and I thought to myself- damn, just when they were broken in nicely. We are required to wear a lot of PPE at work so they provide gloves etc.. THESE are what they have been buying lately. Goatskin is initially more "broken in " than cow hide- at least it seems that way to me. I'll see if I have any and start putting them aside

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm ambidextrous. I guess this would be pretty annoying always wearing out just one half of a pair.

Once a year around hunting season time I organize all my glovesand throw out about 4 left hand glove also.

Status
Not open for further replies.