Looking for simple gas log controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Handyman234

Feb 16, 2021
Chicago
I am remodeling a small wood fire box to covert to vented gas logs. I want a simple control system that is like the knob on a kitchen gas cook top — just depress the knob to ignite and turn the knob to adjust the flame height. The controls would be mounted outside the firebox at a comfortable height on the face of the framed fireplace enclosure so that I would not have to stoop over to reach into the hearth.

I can’t find what I want and would appreciate any leads. I don’t want a remote (too many already!) or a thermostat (just for occasional ambiance, not heat). A standing pilot would be acceptable, if necessary. AC power can be run in, if needed. A separate flame control valve (standard key type) and a toggle wall switch would be okay, too.

RH Peterson has one. Here is the page from the Real Fyre G46 Model...
It has a standing pilot & a toggle switch to activate the burner...

Attachments

• RF_g46_install.pdf
    112.4 KB · Views: 147