Looking to Replace Doors on Fireplace - Help Identifying Fireplace and Steps to Replace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gobills24

Jun 23, 2021
Buffalo
Hello,

As the title states, we are seeking to replace the doors on my dad's current fireplace. The fireplace was an addition to the home - it was installed some time between 1979-1981, the home being built in 1978. We are not sure how to identify the fireplace to begin our search to replace the doors, and was hoping this forum could help. I've provided three images - one with the approximate measurements, one with the left door open (the one that currently will not open), and a picture with the doors closed fully. If you need any other photos, I am happy to provide them. If anyone could provide advice/opinions on how to identify the fireplace brand, websites for ordering new doors, or anything of the like, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

20181122_133630.jpg Screenshot_20210623-142010.png Screenshot_20210623-141752.png

Hello,

As the title states, we are seeking to replace the doors on my dad's current fireplace. The fireplace was an addition to the home - it was installed some time between 1979-1981, the home being built in 1978. We are not sure how to identify the fireplace to begin our search to replace the doors, and was hoping this forum could help. I've provided three images - one with the approximate measurements, one with the left door open (the one that currently will not open), and a picture with the doors closed fully. If you need any other photos, I am happy to provide them. If anyone could provide advice/opinions on how to identify the fireplace brand, websites for ordering new doors, or anything of the like, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

View attachment 279707 View attachment 279708 View attachment 279709
That looks like a pretty well cooked zero clearance fireplace which is well past it's approximate 20 year lifespan. The only way to replace the doors is to find factory replacements. Even if that is possible it may not be worth the money looking at the condition of the fireplace