Lopi Answer AS-1 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnhome

Oct 13, 2008
Summit CO
I have been offered this stove for basically take it away. My questions:
Is this stove EPA rated or approved? Is it worth taking home and installing for supplemental heat?
Any user experiences?
I tried to find information on the Lopi website but could not get anything of value. The Vermont Castings web site is much easier to find info on old models.
Thanks for input and help.

I had one, nice stove just small. Check the tag on the back, it should have all of the vital information such as mfg date, epa info, ect.

I purchased a regular Answer in 1999, but I have no idea how that differs from the AS-1. If its anything like the existing Answer, then it is likely to be a good little stove. Mine heated an open 1000 sq foot home beautifully. I retired it to my workshop this year because I needed a larger stove after adding on to the house, but I expect it to perform in its new location for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.