lopi cape cod wood stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayakfisher

Dec 10, 2011
harmony nj
i got a brand new lopi cape cod today ,replacing a ledyen. Just got done unpacking it and noticed a piece of cardboard that is sitting on top of the baffle insulation. Read through the manual and didn't see anything about that, i started to pull it out and saw the baffle insul starting to move so i stopped.

my first question is do i remove that or will the burn up the first fire i have???
cape cod.jpg
my second is where are the cracks forming on theses stoves???

You will need to remove the burn tubes. It takes a 3/8" socket. Remove the tubes, lower the baffle and remove the cardboard. This is the only way to remove it without damaging the wool.
The crack was in the lower left corner behind the firebrick. Baffle will warp and the andirons will also warp. Great heater though!

Word is that Travis is changing foundries for these stoves. That should improve quality.

Reactions: Christopix
thanks for quick replys, that's good about the foundries. Trying to do my break in fires tomorrow. Really i have to take a new stove some what apart to get a piece of card board out , that's crazy _g

Agreed. I am wondering if it was meant to just disintegrate on break in fires.

Word is that Travis is changing foundries for these stoves. That should improve quality.
That's weird! According to Travis, I'm the only person on the planet to have experienced any issues with this stove. :rolleyes:

Where did you hear this from?

thanks for quick replys, that's good about the foundries. Trying to do my break in fires tomorrow. Really i have to take a new stove some what apart to get a piece of card board out , that's crazy _g
It's very, very easy. It's just a small part of an install. Most All stoves have little things like this that need to be done when its being installed.

This is encouraging news!

That's weird! According to Travis, I'm the only person on the planet to have experienced any issues with this stove. :rolleyes:

Where did you hear this from?

Indeed, where did you hear this from? And out of curiosity, if the baffle is SS, a foundry change isn't necessarily going to change its warping - right?

I heard it from a rep when looking at the Cape Cod at the decathlon.

Reactions: Christopix
Status
Not open for further replies.