Lopi Endeavor Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixman

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Apr 12, 2010
Central Texas
I have been thinking about installing a blower on my Endeavor wood stove to aid in burning down my coal bed. Before you think I am installing some forced air blower let me explain. The Endeavor has pre-drilled and tapped holes in the bottom for easy installation of a blower to get more heat off the stove. I was thinking that I might be able to use the blower when I get a ton of red hot coals in there like I have now since we have been burning pretty hard this week and the coal some times don't give off quite enough heat. I would hate to shovel them out as that would see like such a waste but the house begins to cool down some if I try to let them burn to ash. Does anyone have any input on this? Also what is a good price for one?

I don't think the blower will help in burning down the coal bed. If I am pushing my stove hard I open the draft all the way after the fire has peaked and is rending down around 600*. Since my stove is on the extreme corner of my home, the blower really does help move the air into the hallway etc.

I think the blower is very effective at moving the heat around.

My thought was that when the stove is simmering at around 250-300 with a good coal bed it is not putting off alot of heat but if I added a blower, I could get more heat off of it during this part of the burn cycle.

I couldn't imagine trying to keep this place warm without a blower on the stove. It really helps to move air around in here.

Rdust do you remember how much you paid for the blower.

sixman said:
Rdust do you remember how much you paid for the blower.

No idea, they were including them for free when I bought my stove. I think Pagey bought one so maybe he'll chime in or you can send a pm.

The blower on my Lopi endeavor is thermostatically controlled. It turns on and off depending on the temperature of the stove. It has nothing to do with the burn chamber. It really helps moving the heat around once the stove comes up to temp!

During the different stages of your fire while burning down how much do you open up the air? This is our second year burning and this year we let our coals burn down to a stove top temp between 200-300, seems to be working fine.

Another thing I read on this site was some people will put softwood in on the coals to get some heat plus burn down the coals more.

Zap

I think the price that the above poster put up for the blower is real close. I think we paid $300.00.

sixman said:
My thought was that when the stove is simmering at around 250-300 with a good coal bed it is not putting off alot of heat but if I added a blower, I could get more heat off of it during this part of the burn cycle.

I think you will be more impressed with the blower when the stove is 600 to 700 degrees. I often shut my blower off about about 250 to 300. It has a thermostat that will shut it off around 200 anyhow. sometimes I have the stove up to 650 before it turns on. The guys who installed my stove basically showed me how to cut the two wires to the temperature sensor and make it into an on demand blower (turns on when you turn the switch on).

Frankly, I can't imagine not having a blower. I agree with Pagey, buy one you won't regret it. I seem to recall it was around $200 but I am not sure.

I called my dealer yesterday for a quote, I will update on what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.