Lopi Endeavor Fan question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brickie

Jan 10, 2016
Sterling, CT.
Hi everyone, first post!
I had a new Endeavor installed on Friday the 8th, gently broke her in Sat. morning, then brought it up
to 650/ 700f Sat. night. It took 3.5 hours running hot and I was about to give up thinking the fan was defective, when the fan kicked on.
This morning at 6. had a nice bed of coals. added wood, went right up to 600, held more or less 400 to 650,
Fan finally kicks on at 400f at 1pm! I can't figure this out. I really need the fan to come on much sooner.
I did a search and couldn't find anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Bypass the temp sensor(snap disk) that's mounted between the rear heat shield and stove body if you want manual control. You may be able to position the sensor better so it comes in contact with the stove better. When I had an endeavor I would need to mess with it on occasion.

Last edited:
Is your snap disk touching the back of the stove?

If it's a common problem I'll call the dealer on Monday. Thanks!
I can't easily get to the blower..
~

You don't need to get to the blower. There is a sensor that goes between the stove and rear heat shield, the bracket may need to be tweaked/repositioned a little. No need for a dealer here, simple adjustment.

You don't need to get to the blower. There is a sensor that goes between the stove and rear heat shield, the bracket may need to be tweaked/repositioned a little. No need for a dealer here, simple adjustment.
I tried to post a photo, but I must be doing something wrong. My stove is backed up into a fire box. I can't get at it without dis connecting it.

Is it at the top right side of rear of the stove? the galvanized bracket hanging there?

If it has two wires attached to it that's the piece you're looking for.

This is what you're looking for.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 220
I would personally bypass the snap disk so you can turn the fans on/off when you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.