Lopi Green Start Real World

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
New Member here looking at upgrading from my 1980's Englander to something new. I'm considering Lopi with a Green Start system. Checked the search box and didn't see much other than that they were noisy. Any other experiences out there with this system? Are there other auto start systems out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Lopi Evergreen with the Green start. I like it, it is convenient, and a little loud. I've had the stove 3 years. This is only my second winter burning. Had a water pipe break and a kitchen remodel so went one winter with out the stove installed. The wife and I use the stove as our primary heat source. Finally got the stove reinstalled this past October in a new spot in the house. Haven't used the GreenStart this seasons at all.

Would I buy the GreenStart again? Probably not since I burn 24/7 Oct-May. The noise doesn't bother me, only goes for 15 minutes and gets a roaring fire going. I have 3 kids under 8 so my house is noisy. It is a nice convenience feature if you don't burn regularly to help get fired started quicker.

Obligatory new stove location pic included
20190114_140558.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would skip it for the same reason unless you plan on starting the stove a lot of times. Otherwise, get some SuperCedars or a propane torch.

Reactions: Espartaco
I don't think the price was $500 for ours. The wife looked the feature so fine with me. I have a Nespresso that makes similar but quieter sound, so if you have one of those you might understand the sound better