Lopi Greenfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SoCold

Mar 19, 2023
PA
Does anybody use their Greenfield propane stove as their main heat source? I was sold the Greenfield with the understanding that it would heat my 960 sq. foot home. In less than 10 months of run time, I have had to replace the burn plate because it cracked completely in half. It was not covered under the warranty because Lopi is now telling me that this unit is not meant to be a sole heat unit for my home as it is meant to be a secondary, ambiance unit.

If it is meant to be an ambiance only, why it is listed that it will heat up to 2,000 sq. ft.??? Thoughts???

These gas stoves are considered “Space Heaters” & if the “space” you want to “heat” is your entire house it should do that. In your manual it reads:

The use of a thermostat will keep the room at a constant temperature and will, in most cases, keep the heater working throughout the heating season.

If that’s how you run it, I think Travis is full of crap with their reasoning.

I’ve burned Jotul gas stove for YEARS as a primary heat source without issues.

Reactions: SoCold
These gas stoves are considered “Space Heaters” & if the “space” you want to “heat” is your entire house it should do that. In your manual it reads:

The use of a thermostat will keep the room at a constant temperature and will, in most cases, keep the heater working throughout the heating season.

If that’s how you run it, I think Travis is full of crap with their reasoning.

I’ve burned Jotul gas stove for YEARS as a primary heat source without issues.
Thanks for your response. I think they are just trying to get out of paying for the warranty work I needed to have done by saying it is not meant to be a sole heat source. The Greenfield is rated for 2,000 sq ft and I only have 960 sq ft. It shouldn't be that hard.