Lopi Leyden - Not Firing Up...Sometimes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gleno

Jan 4, 2022
Dighton, MA
This pellet stove was in the home I just bought so I don't have a lot of details on it. I'm not sure of the age, but I was told it had a new control board. I'm cleaning this thing the best I know how and can figure out. However, more than half the time that I've tried to fire it up, it won't fire. From what I'm seeing, no pellets are dropping into the pot. Sometimes. Other times, the auger drops in the pellets and it fires up just fine.

I need information and suggestions. I need to be able to rely on this thing and I'd like to become self-sufficient with it (cleaning, troubleshooting, and fixing). Can anyone offer help?