Lopi Liberty Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2008
CNY
How loud is the blower on your unit? I'm not sure if we have a vibration problem or it's just the norm. I know it's difficult to gage,but this thing is driving me nuts. You can hear it from every room in the house. There is no way I could sleep in the same room with it. It is in an adjacent room and you have to turn up the tv quite loud to hear it. Have any of you questioned/complained about the noise level with your installer?

tryin.not.to.burn.the.house.down said:
How loud is the blower on your unit? I'm not sure if we have a vibration problem or it's just the norm. I know it's difficult to gage,but this thing is driving me nuts. You can hear it from every room in the house. There is no way I could sleep in the same room with it. It is in an adjacent room and you have to turn up the tv quite loud to hear it. Have any of you questioned/complained about the noise level with your installer?

We don't have any problem with the noise from the blower on our Liberty. Of course you can hear it...it's doing work and moving air. It's got a speed control on it, and if we don't like listening to it, we turn it down to a lower speed or just shut it off. When the noise doesn't matter and we want max performance out of it, we turn it up to max. Even at max speed, we don't normally have a problem being in the room with it. Some folks are more sensitive to noise than others. Maybe all my years at sea on ships sort of inured me to it. I remember when I came home from times at sea and would wake in the middle of the night because of the silence...afraid that my propulsion plant had gone down. Not sayin' your blower doesn't have a problem...maybe it does, I can't hear it. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.