Lopi Pioneer Bay PI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tlardner

Mar 2, 2021
NWNJ
New here, and bought the insert to cut down on gas bills, since my wife is working from home. It hasn't heated like gangbusters, always thought the fan speed was a little low, otherwise works fine. Bought clean and used from some folks who bought it 6-8 years prior. Had a chimney guy drop a liner in, and he was nice enough to just connect it.
My question is -- the convection fan is now NOT blowing at all. I have read some threads on testing the motor to be sure it's not the circuit board. My question is how is the motor accessed? Do I have to pull the insert out? I work on cars for a living, so I feel as though I can do the job, but I don't want to just start tearing in without asking someone with experience. I didn't see it installed, so I'm not sure how much slack (if any) there is between the stove and the duct. Will have to ask the chimney guy. Anyway, any tips on getting to the motor and swapping it out would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

Welcome to the forums Tom. Yes you will have to pull the stove out a bit then you will be able to pull the liner off the stove. Then you can pull it out far enough to work on. While you have it out I would do a thorough cleaning liner and motors.

Welcome to the forums Tom. Yes you will have to pull the stove out a bit then you will be able to pull the liner off the stove. Then you can pull it out far enough to work on. While you have it out I would do a thorough cleaning liner and motors.
Bit of light machine oil on ALL the bearings will go a long way in insuring they operate correctly too.

Reactions: Ssyko