LOPI Pioneer Pellet Stove - constantly feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hangtown_ca

Jan 3, 2022
CA
Hi there.

Recently bought a house with LOPI Pioneer pellet stove. It runs but doesn’t seem to provide enough heat - bedroom of ~300 sq ft with ~15’ ceiling.

Stove powers ON, I can switch between manual and auto with no problem. No fault codes indicated.

The issues are:
- the auger keeps firing every five seconds
- the fan seem to only provide warm air on the left side, facing the stove. The right is almost room temp air - not sure if by design. I didn’t find anything about it in the manual

The auger constantly feeding causes wasted pellets and also faults as the pellets outside the firebox ignite.

I went to a local wood stove shop and was told that it’ll probably easier to replace than fix.

Thanks for any inputs.

Jo

When was the last time the stove had a full cleaning?

When was the last time the stove had a full cleaning?
Last cleaning is unknown but I’m in the process of doing a full cleaning per the instruction manual. It’s the first time I used it and that’s how I found the issue.

Any specific parts or things to look for that I should focus on as far as cleaning?

Thanks again.

Just find and clean all hidden exhaust passages. Clean and oil fans if called for