Lopi Republic 1750 Blower/Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenen98

Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2009
WNY
new guy here....

I have a new install, Lopi Republic 1750. I'm new to burning, but I've been doing a ton of reading on here. The problem I'm having is the fan taking forever to turn on. I burn all locust, which might not be 100% ready, but I have not had a problem getting secondary burn. I typically load it up with a couple chunks of locust (roughly 4") with a couple pieces of smaller pine (2") and then paper, small wood scrap, etc. I can have a decent fire rolling, with good coals, ready to add more wood, secondary is already started (If I close the damper, the flames are clearly dancing out of the tubes), but the fan isn't turning on yet. I'd say 30-40 minutes in. To my understanding, if secondary burn is going on, the stove is plenty hot, so why would the fan not come on?

The fan always comes on eventually, but it's really sporadic. Sometimes, 20 minutes, or last night must have been an hour. Any thoughts? As far as I know, there are no adjustments on the blower, other than fan speed.

Thanks!

Your snap disk switch should be on the bottom of the left part of your stove. Mine is bottom/center. What I've found is that it does take a while for it to come on. Your times sound pretty right. I chalked it up to heat rising but taking a while to get down low to the bottom of the stove. Same with staying on... seems like it stays on longer once the top cools off.

Status
Not open for further replies.