Lopi revere bypass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thungary

Nov 5, 2019
Port Matilda PA
So lately it hasn’t mattered if I have the bypass open or closed when opening the stove up to put more wood in. Is it something that needs to be cleaned. Also if I haven’t burned it for a while it is very difficult to open.

So lately it hasn’t mattered if I have the bypass open or closed when opening the stove up to put more wood in. Is it something that needs to be cleaned. Also if I haven’t burned it for a while it is very difficult to open.
How long has it been since you cleaned off the baffle?

How long has it been since you cleaned off the baffle?
It has been prob two years. I’m. Guessing that’s the culprit. I’m pretty handy but have not ever taken it apart. The chimney sweep took it apart last I have the manual for it is there any tricks or tips on taking it apart?

Last edited:
I took out the fire bricks and the bypass supports and cleaned it out well today. When I had that out I was able to see the bypass opening and closing. I just started a fire and with the bypass shut I can still open the door with out smoke coming out. It shouldn’t bee like that right?

Some draft well enough that the bypass doesn’t make much of a difference when opening the door. It doesn’t mean something’s wrong. It just means your draft is excellent.

I took out the fire bricks and the bypass supports and cleaned it out well today. When I had that out I was able to see the bypass opening and closing. I just started a fire and with the bypass shut I can still open the door with out smoke coming out. It shouldn’t bee like that right?
Yeah with the bypass closed it works just like any other tube stove. So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to open the door

Are you sure the baffle is all installed properly?

I know when it was installed in 2012 it was. Had the same people who installed it clean and do a chimney sweep a couple years ago. It looked like everything was installed correctly when I had the bricks and the supports out. I could see it open and close. When I open and close it with a fire I can see a slight difference I remember it being more dramatic in the past