Lopi wood stove identification help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camarors8992

Feb 1, 2015
New York
Hello, Im trying to install a wood stove in my garage, but my local code enforcement officer needs to know the model of the stove in order to issue me a permit. The decal on the back is no longer legible so I'm asking for your help.

Here's the stove.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 164
I'm going to guess it is an A2. One clue might be if there is an OAK connection in the rear. If so this might be an A4 according to the docs.

http://lopistoves.com/TravisDocs/93508035.pdf

I'm a bit surprised NY will allow it to be installed in a garage. Do they require it to be raised 18"?

He never showed any concern about the stove being in the garage, he just told me to follow the guidelines for the model stove I have as that's all he's going to look for when he inspects the installation. It's nice living in a small town I guess.

There's nothing on the rear of the stove at all, only connection is on the top of the stove.

I have a 1250 which looks similar except my 1250 has secondary burn tubes at the top of the firebox, and your stove doesn't.

Yes, totally rotted out. The early ones were steel. Replace with a stainless tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.