Lopi Yankee fault problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikeshillharman

Jan 22, 2014
sterling mass
I have a lopi Yankee in my cellar. After an hour the fault light comes on and the # 2 green light flashes.I found a trouble shoot doc on line and it says it is the 120 degree snap disk above the exhaust blower or,the draft flow switch. I have replaced both but the problem still exists. Happens again in about 1-1/2 hours. I am at a loss,anybody have any ideas.

I have a lopi Yankee in my cellar. After an hour the fault light comes on and the # 2 green light flashes.I found a trouble shoot doc on line and it says it is the 120 degree snap disk above the exhaust blower or,the draft flow switch. I have replaced both but the problem still exists. Happens again in about 1-1/2 hours. I am at a loss,anybody have any ideas.

I can't help directly, but Lopi has a technical hotline. I had an issue with my old lopi pioneer bay insert and went into a dealer that sold Lopi's as one of their brands. They called lopi directly and put me on the phone with a technician. So they have something. I don't know the number as they didn't give it to me, but you may want to see if you can find a dealer and they may be able to put in contact with Lopi's support staff.

I can't help directly, but Lopi has a technical hotline. I had an issue with my old lopi pioneer bay insert and went into a dealer that sold Lopi's as one of their brands. They called lopi directly and put me on the phone with a technician. So they have something. I don't know the number as they didn't give it to me, but you may want to see if you can find a dealer and they may be able to put in contact with Lopi's support staff.

Thanks for the help I gonna call my local lopi dealer and see if I can get a number. To get a repair guy to my house is $195 for 1 1/2 hours then its $95 for each hour after that and if they identify the part that's wrong then its parts and labor. Not ready to pay out that money. Thanks again.

When was the last time the stove was totally cleaned and venting fully brushed out? So many of the stove issues are related to something being forgotten in the cleaning. Sometimes its some of last seasons fuel having gotten a bit damp and not burning very well and basement dwellers are far more prone to that issue.
A cracked vac line or the port on the stove can be a vac issue and bad gaskets on doors are pretty high on the list on stoves over 5 years old.

Thanks for the help I gonna call my local lopi dealer and see if I can get a number. To get a repair guy to my house is $195 for 1 1/2 hours then its $95 for each hour after that and if they identify the part that's wrong then its parts and labor. Not ready to pay out that money. Thanks again.
Hey! Those are my prices! I know who this is....
Here's a link to the Travis Service Manual
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/99pelsvc.pdf
This service manual came out prior to the digital controller that you have. The upside is that your controller has error reporting, the downside is that is doesn't really tell you what's wrong.
If you get a #2 green light, this is a vacuum switch related issue. Most common cause, clogged vent or restricted cap. If that's all clean and the problem persists, make sure the the clear hose running from the switch to the exhaust housing is free. Take it off and blow through it.....Don't suck on it, you'll regret doing that. Also make sure the barb that the hose connects to on the exhaust housing is free and clear, attach the hose to that and blow through, then connect the hose back to the switch. Given that you only experience the shutdown an hour or two in there's a good chance that your combustion blower might be overheating and as such the motor starts to spin slower and then the switch rolls out. Let the stove run for 20 minutes and then touch the combustion motor housing, it shouldn't be hot to the touch.

Good luck!

Reactions: Bioburner
Status
Not open for further replies.