Love this little stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryAnn

Nov 30, 2005
It has been snowing and cold in NE Ohio. My house has been toasty warm, without furnace kicking on at all. Can't wait to get next gas bill. Napoleon 1100. Easy to start, doesn't use much wood. Love the simple draft control. Highly recommend this stove. Perfect size for our needs. Reason I bought this stove was because of positive reviews on this site. House is 1700 sq feet, but only 1100 sq feet is heated with wood stove. Have radiant floors in other 600 feet. Originally bought this stove to only heat 12 x 20 sunroom, but have found it heats much more. Only fan is a twin reversible window fan. Left window on inside wall of sunroom, glad I did. Before wood stove, had 2 radiator oil filled electric heaters running in this room. Electric bill went down $40.00 for January, and wood stove was installed January 17th. Those heaters probably cost close to $70.00 dollars a month to run 24-7. I fill stove at about 2:00 am (not a morning person), my boyfriend gets up at 6:00 am and fills it, still have hot coals at 11:00 am.

I agree, Napoleon is a bit of a "sleeper" mfr. that makes a
superior steel stove. Not necessarily the best looking, but
excellent when it comes to performance & clearances.
But in my opinion, I buy a stove to "heat", not to be "pretty".
We are seriously looking into them for their ZC Fireplaces....

Rob

Thanks for the update MaryAnn. The Napoleon looked like a good stove to me and represents a great value. We seriously considered getting one, but needed a rear exit flue. Good to hear that it's working out so well for you.

BeGreen, it is my understanding that rear exit stoves are no longer manufactured. I could be VERY wrong, but you might have to get used. Not that that is hard. I checked ebay this morning, and prices are no longer even close to the stratospheric high they were 3 months ago.

Made me grin.

Some chimneys, some wood, and I'm going to be cooking with fire!!!

Joshua

True for a lot of steel stoves, but most cast iron models still offer a rear-venting option. Jotul, VC, Dutchwest, Harman Oakwood and some Morso are examples. That's why partly why we went cast iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.